Lorrie Sass Benza
Mrs. Benza grew up in Chester Township where her father was a township trustee for 12 years.
Mrs. Benza served as the Chief Assistant Prosecutor and Director of the Civil Division for the Geauga County Prosecutor’s Office where she worked from 1992-2000, representing all of Geauga’s townships as well as numerous county departments. She then worked in private practice before seeking elected office.
Benza has served on the:
– Bainbridge Township Zoning Commission
– Bainbridge Township Board of Zoning Appeals
– Geauga County Planning Commission
– Coalition of Large Ohio Urban Townships (CLOUT) executive committee
– Geauga County Dangerous Wild Animal Response Team
– United Way Services of Geauga County Board of Directors
Mrs. Benza has also volunteered as a coach working with local students through activities of Kenston Community Education. She is a graduate of the Leadership Geauga program and continues to be an active alumna in their programming opportunities. Benza is President of the Geauga County Township Association and serves on the steering committee for Geauga County’s General Plan project.
She is a graduate of Case Western Reserve University and Pepperdine University School of Law. Her husband, Michal Benza, is a criminal defense attorney specializing in capital habeas representation as well as a professor at Case Western Reserve University’s School of Law. The couple has three children, all of whom have attended Kenston schools.